Salary: | Location: Stockton-on-Tees | Expires: 31 Dec 2023
Our Drivers do more than a 'driving job'. It is about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation.You are the 'face' of our business, not just our delivery driver. It's all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a positive impression of you and our business.
- Good level of fitness
- High levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Numerate and literate.
- Access to a mobile phone and a strong ability to use various Apps.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Good timekeeper and be able to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers. Diligent attention to detail.
- Flexibility with working hours to meet customer requirements.
- Previous experience of home deliveries and multi drop deliveries.
- Previous experience of furniture assembly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete vehicle daily defect sheet.
- Ensure that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure all load are correct against the customers' orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer's property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/ Supervisor.
- Check goods off with Customers, obtain signature and complete relevant paperwork.
- Provide excellent customer service. Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Supervisor for assistance if required.
- Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner. Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the Domestic Working Time limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure but ensure that accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is handed in to the Supervosor at the earliest opportunity.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- Provide support in the yard / warehouse as required by the Supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles.
- Stacking of empty pallets.
- Opening and closing of vehicle curtains.
- Please note that this can be a phsically demanding role so it is more suited to candidates that like to be active and thrive in a busy environment.
Education and Experience:
- Basic numeracy & literacy.
Must be over 25 years of age and have at least two years driving experience and hold no more than 6 penalty points on driving license.
To apply please email a copy of your CV to: [email protected]