Salary: £30,000-£40,000 | Location: Teesside | Expires: 20 Dec 2021
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
PAY STRUCTURE: As per contract
Our HGV Drivers do more than a 'driving job'. It is about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the 'face' of our business, not just our delivery driver. It's all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle.
Ensuring goods are delivered in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
Types of Class: C + E General Haulage & Contract Work
Day Shift / Night Shift - Weekend Work as & when required
4 On / 4 Off Day & Night Alternatives
Monday to Friday Trampers
* High levels of Health and Safety standards.
* Numerate and literate.
* Access to a mobile phone and a strong ability to use various Apps.
* Excellent verbal communication.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers.
* Diligent attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexibility to meet customer requirements. Desirable Requirements:
* Previous experience of multi-drop deliveries.
* Previous experience of the use of flatbed and curtain sider trailers.
* Previous experience of general haulage work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Complete vehicle daily defect sheet.
* Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
* Ensure with Operations Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers' orders.
* Check goods off with Customers, obtain signature and complete relevant paperwork.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Handle customer issues on delivery effectively and contact Operations Manager for assistance if required.
* Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
* Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
* Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
* Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
* Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
* Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure.
* Ensure all relevant paperwork is handed in to the Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity.
* Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role and meet the FORS standard that is required.
* To provide support in the Yard / warehouse as required by the Operations Manager.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
* Occasional loading and unloading of goods from vehicles.
* Stacking of empty pallets.
* Coupling and uncoupling of trailers.
* Opening and closing of vehicle curtains.
Education and Experience:
* Basic numeracy & literacy. Must have at least two years HGV driving experience, hold no more than 6 penalty points on driving license and have a valid CPC and digital tachograph card.
This job description is subject to change as the demands of the business and the role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability.
All Last Mile employees need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed on this job description.
Since joining Last Mile I've achieved progressions in both class 2 and more recently class 1 accreditations. Support from directors to operational staff has made this a company different to others with everybody pulling together. To develop a career path with a fast moving business is rewarding and has an exciting future ahead for those wanting to excel. "
Colin Dunn, Class 1 Driver Last Mile