Salary: £TBC | Location: Teesside | Expires: 20 Dec 2021
REPORTS TO: Supervisor / Operations Manager
PAY STRUCTURE: As per contract
Last Mile are very focused on our team and we want people to join us who have the energy and passion for the company that we all do. Everyone helps everyone else out, we do not have a 'that's not my job' culture here. If something needs doing, we all roll our sleeves up and help get it done.
Our Warehouse roles can be physically demanding, so they are more suited to candidates that like to be active and thrive in a busy environment. We look for enthusiasm and drive and people who are meticulous with details and focused on ensuring accuracy at all times.
As a Warehouse Assistant we need you to ensure that all goods are unloaded, stored, repackaged, and loaded in a first-class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
* High levels of Health and Safety standards.
* Numerate and literate.
* Excellent verbal communication.
* Good timekeeper and be able to work under pressure to deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Co-Workers.
* Practical thinker with a methodical approach.
* Ability to work quickly, accurately, and safely.
* Diligent attention to detail.
* Good level of fitness
* Flexibility with working hours due to customers' requirements
* Previous experience of unloading and loading goods.
* Previous experience of a previous warehouse role.
* Previous Forklift Truck use experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck ensuring all loads are correct against the customers' orders.
* Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
* Taking goods to the appropriate storage space - by hand or by using loading and lifting gear for heavy goods.
* Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
* Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly and safely.
* Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
* Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
* Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse and vehicles will be part of the daily routine.
* With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential.
* Attend essential training in order to carry out the Warehouse Assistant role.
* Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure.
* Ensure all relevant paperwork is handed in to the Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
* Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles.
* Stacking of empty pallets.
* Lifting, bending, or standing for long periods of time.
Education and Experience:
* Basic numeracy & literacy.
This job description is subject to change as the demands of the business and the role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability.
All Last Mile employees need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed on this job description.